Goofball tagged me with a meme this week and since I haven’t done one in quite some time, I figured, why not. If nothing else it gets me out of sorting the garbage for the next half hour or so.
Rule #1: the tagged person must write their answers on their blog and replace any question they dislike with a new question they formulated themselves.
Rule # 2: tag 4 people to do this quiz. The tag-ee must state who tagged them.
1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals or are they members of your family?
Our cats have always been, at least to me, part of our family. I doubt this will change much when the baby comes along, but I imagine they’ll have to learn to take a back seat to the needs of the new human. But I will always love them, care for them and do my best to keep them as part of our family.
2. If you could have a dream come true, what would it be?
Finally write that best seller I’ve been dreaming of since I was 7 or so.
3. What would you do with a billion dollars?
Piet is much better with investing money than I am, so half would immediately go to him to invest. I’d also put away a substantial college tuition fund for kids, buy a house in Pittsburgh, put myself through grad school, pay off my parents’ house and buy a nice place for my brother and his fiancée to live.
If I had enough left over I might buy a bookstore.
4. What helps pull you out of a bad mood?
I’m actually really hard to pull out of a bad mood. Mostly I need my time and space to just deal with whatever is bothering me internally.
5. What is your bedtime routine?
My bedtime routine changes depending on time of year, type of job I have, etc. As of right now, since I’m not working, and not always comfortable sitting for long periods of time, I usually end up laying in bed watching a few television shows or reading a book if there’s nothing good on. When Piet finally decides to close his laptop we might cuddle for a bit and then fall asleep (if I haven’t fallen asleep already).
6. If you are currently in a relationship, where did you meet your significant other?
We met online (NOT through a dating site) about 6 years ago. We chatted rarely for a while and then at some point the chatting became more frequent and then became skyping almost daily. Piet booked a flight to the US to visit me in May 2007 and stayed for a week. I made a trip to visit him in September the same year and I moved to Belgium that Christmas. The rest is history, no?
7. What kind of books do you read?
I read a bit of everything. Fantasy, dark/dry humor and historical fiction probably take up the most space on my shelf, but I’ll read almost anything that piques my curiosity. I’m not typically a fan of romances or autobiographies.
9. What’s your fear?
Dying alone, or having no one to care about me when I die.
10. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to see outer space?
I actually really want to give up junk food, even though I’d probably miss it now and then, but space isn’t a good bribe for me. I have very little interest in space. A trip to Australia to cage dive with sharks or 6 months living in Hawaai? That’s another story.
11. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Check the clock.
12. If you could change one thing about your significant other, what would it be?
He’d remember to do the little things I usually have to ask him 10+ times to do, the first time I asked. Or without me asking, that’d be even better.
13. If you could pick a new name for yourself what would it be?
This is a tough one. Growing up I never liked my name cause it’s spelled strange and it’s unisex. I always wanted a “prettier” name. But my name has been mine for almost 30 years. Even if I could change it, I have no idea what I’d even want to change it to. So I guess that must mean I’m happy with it?
14. If you had to choose between six months of sun or six months of rain, what would you choose?
Sun. I already get 6 months of rain. I live in Belgium.
15. If you could eat only one thing for the next six months what would it be?
I think I could eat soup for the next six months and be okay with that. As long as it wasn’t always the same kind of soup.
16. What is the thing you enjoy about blogging the most?
It gives me a place to talk about the stuff in my head, or my life. I admit I have to censor myself due to the fact that people read it, but I don’t think I’d write if people didn’t read it.
17. Do you prefer salty or sweet foods?
I’m a salty food person. Nine times out of ten I’ll choose popcorn or pretzels and dip over cookies or candy. That goes with other foods too. I don’t typically like sweet sauces on my food or dried fruit mixed into things to sweeten it or sweet salad dressings.
18. What items are in your purse right now?
I am anti-woman.
No seriously, I rarely carry a purse. I prefer pockets. I’ll carry one in the summer when it’s too hot for a coat or hoodie, but otherwise, no purse. In my pockets though I have my wallet, my house keys and my omnipass for public transportation. Oh, and an empty sample jar to pee in before my next obgyn appointment next month.
19. If you had to choose between vacationing at the beach or in the mountains, where would you go?
Beach. I like my sand and my warmth and my waves and salty air and sounds of gulls, etc.
20. What do you watch on television that you know you shouldn’t?
Reruns of Extreme Makeover with Ty Pennington on Vitaya.